RealSAM Pocket is a voice controlled smart device that is designed to be simple to use and of enormous value to people living with low vision and blindness. We install our software on a Samsung mobile phone, and it completely takes over the phone. More than just a phone for the blind, you can use your voice to make phones calls, search for and stream audio books, read today’s newspapers, get navigation or sight assistance and much, much more.
What are the parts of RealSAM Pocket?
- RealSAM Pocket is actually a collection of smart technologies. It is:
The handset that controls basic functions such as speech to text conversion, media playing and making calls. It runs on an Android phone, but the user can’t access Android directly.
- A network connection via Wifi or a mobile service provider.
- An Artificial Intelligence engine on the internet that figures out what users want and responds.
- A variety of sources of content on the internet such as the RNIB Audio library.
- A web portal that allows users, family, friends and care takers to update some parts of the device.
Why isn’t Pocket an App?
The Pocket experience would be hobbled in a variety of ways which would frustrate users. Such as having to login regularly. We would also have to utilize other software attempting to listen in on your conversations with the RealSAM Pocket.
Why can’t you put RealSAM Pocket on my phone?
We probably could, but it wouldn’t be viable for you as it generally takes us a minimum of two to four weeks work to get Pocket working seamlessly on a new phone. It would be expensive!
Should I wait for the next version?
All users get all the updates, so no one ever misses out on features. Also we only change handsets every couple of years because we can’t purchase the old handset anymore. So there’s no need to wait when you can start using it right away.
Licences & Agreements